Monday, September 29, 2008

D’oh!

God bless The Simpsons. The show has been on the air for 20 years now and it’s still able to make me laugh. Sure. Some folks think that The Simpsons “jumped the shark” sometime around season 8 (I think that’s when Conan O’Brian left the writing staff), and I somewhat agree. If I had to list my top 10 favorite episodes, most would be from earlier in the series.

But as I flipped on the TV last night to watch the season premiere episode, one line of dialogue from Homer had me rolling. After finding out that Marge was secretly working for an erotic bakery, this is what Homer had to say:

Homer: “Marge. You can deny me sex. You can deny me cake. But to deny me sexy cake. That is unforgivable.”

Hilarious!

Rock on Homer J. Simpson. You will always have a fan in me.

No comments: