Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Kindergarten!

Patty started kindergarten today. And she had a great day! We are so proud of her. She has grown up so much this past summer. I can't believe she's starting school.

Here she is all decked out in her new outfit, new book bag, new Jonas Brothers lunch box (don't get me started) and a handful of flowers for her teacher.


There were many fears on her first day. The biggest being that she would have to leave her beloved blue blankie behind (it's hanging off her backpack in the picture). it's been
her security blanket for more than three years. She's taken it to daycare every day. She sleeps with it at nap times and at night. When she is upset, it calms her down.

Once at school, however, she found out she really didn't need it. She was kept busy all day long. Meeting new friends, and playing with new toys. She was most excited about the play doh. "It's only one color - yellow," she said. "But it's so big that it takes up a whole drawer!"

Yeah. She's played with play doh for years. But I guess there is something about school play doh that makes it more fun...

Other than the pay doh, she didn't have too much to say about her first day. It's probably a bit overwhelming for her. When asked about the other things she did today she just sighed and said "daaaad...I just don't remember, ok. Maybe tomorrow my teachers will teach me how to remember better."

Lets hope so :-)


1 comment:

Christine said...

I didn't know you had a blog. The stalker has become the stalkee. I'm going to be so sad next year when Carolyn goes to kindergarten. I'll be even sadder when she learns who the Jonas Brothers are. Can't wait to catch up with the Stevens' clan. Is there any way Steve and I can join the family, if only during summer beach vacation time? I'm a lot of fun at the beach!