Monday, March 9, 2009

Our Crazy Weather

So, last week the Richmond area suffered the worst snow storm in more than 10 years. We got 8+ inches of snow. The kids got their first taste of "real" snow. They went sledding, had snowball fights, made snow angels, ate a LOT of snow and generally had the time of their lives.

Our house got hammered. We lost a few big branches and half of a tree from the weight of the snow.



Fast forward one week. On Saturday and Sunday it averaged 80 degrees! We spent pretty much the entire weekend outdoors. And the kids, of c
ourse, had a blast!


Oh...and I snapped this picture of Kristin when she wasn't looking (she's going to kill me). She is really looking all cute a pregnant :-)


We've got only about 2 1/2 months to go before baby #3 arrives. We've been throwing names around. On top of my list is Zelda, but for some reason keeps getting shot down. I think it is a perfectly good name. Kristin does not...

4 comments:

Christine said...

Carolyn has that black shirt with the heart that Patty is wearing. Target Valentine's clearance. $1.25! Can't beat that. I like the name Bernadette, with the nickname Bernie. I also was vetoed.

Joe Stevens said...

Kristin got the same deal on the shirt. I think she got a matching skirt for $1.00 as well.

I had an uncle Bernie. Bernie is out. Thanks for the suggestion, though. Keep em coming!

Anonymous said...

Yes, I think you will be sleeping in the basement from now on.

Anonymous said...

Zelda, eh? I think I'll veto that one. I think Erin is an excellent name...