Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Our Thanksgiving

A few days ago Patty came home from school with a turkey she made by stuffing a brown paper bag with tissue paper. Glued to it were its feathers and head. She showed it to me and seemed a little disappointed with her work. “What’s wrong?,” I asked her.

“Well,” she said. “I think it looks more like a peacock than a turkey.”

“I think it looks like a GREAT turkey,” I said.

“It doesn’t even have a snood,” she said. “Turkeys are supposed to have a snood.”

“What is a snood?”

“A snood is that little red thing that hangs from a turkey’s beak,” she said. “I learned about it in school. You didn’t know that? I thought you knew everything!”

Patty’s life lesson #1 – daddy don’t know squat…

Anywhoo… I hope everyone who reads this has a happy and safe Thanksgiving. We are headed to NOVA to have brunch/dinner with my family, and to participate in our annual Stevens family Thanksgiving Day football game. It’s a lot of fun and usually ends with someone running home hurt and in tears (usually me).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you told her to make a snood and put it on her peacock turkey.

Have a safe trip.