Saturday, November 8, 2008

Fall Back


Ahhhh Fall...

This is what I have to look forward to for the next month or so. Raking leaves.

It's a lot of fun...well not really...It's a lot of back breaking work. Most folks in my neighborhood use bagger attachments for their mowers, leaf blowers or hire landscaping companies to do the work for them. Me. I use the old fashioned method. A rake.

It's good exercise, but I hate exercise...

One year I had the bright idea to use my riding mower to mulch the leaves. It didn't work out like I planed. The heat from my mower blades ended up making the leaves catch fire. My mower overheated and the drive belt broke. I was not a happy camper.

This year I'll stick with the rake. Wish me luck :)

2 comments:

Suzi said...

I don't envy you. Our trees our too young to have any major leaf piles yet. Yeah! I do miss stomping through the leaf piles though... have fun!

Christine said...

What??? Is that a true story? You set fire to your lawnmower? I cannot begin to understand that, except to note that you are Joe Stevens and should legally be forbidden to drive anything. Ever.