Monday, August 11, 2008

5 More Days Until the Beach!

As we approach the weekend and our impending vacation, I'm finding it hard to concentrate at work. My thoughts keep drifting to the sun and the sand of the Outer Banks. We trek there on Sunday with the rest of my family - mom, dad, sisters, brothers, nieces and nephews - for a week of swimming, surfing, fishing, drinking and lounging on the beach. I think there are 25 of us in all - sharing one house, eight bedrooms and four bathrooms. It's going to be sweet!

For a glimpse of what we're in store for, I found this short video from last year's vacation of the girls playing with a large pile of jellyfish (Yes. Jellyfish). Apparently Moon Jellyfish (what they are actually called) are abundant along the shoreline of Nags Head. As you can see, they had a ball!

(Don't worry. We made sure they washed their hands when they were finished!)

No comments: