Sunday, April 19, 2009

Our Worms

We had a fairly productive weekend - full of yard work, building swing sets, trips to the dump, oil spills, spa days, sorting clothes and broken riding mowers...pretty much what you would expect for our household. Not much more to report. I'm a bit frustrated that my riding mower broke AGAIN. This time it was the drive belt. I don't think I can fix it w/o hiring a professional. Good-by tax refund. So much for saving the moola for more important things...like say the added cost of clothing and feeding a new baby (arriving by stork in the next month or so!).

I took a few minutes this afternoon to snap some pictures of the girls. They have this strange fascination with worms*. Here they are posing with some of their new pets.




Enjoy!

(* My lovely 9-month pregnant wife just informed me that the kids were most likely playing with a nasty, plant eating, vegetable killing grub larva and not a nice friendly inch worm. Oh well...)

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Next month or so...are you kidding me?! I'm going for May 1st at the latest, or I'm going to find a way to transfer the baby to your belly and see how you feel.

Erin said...

Yes, that's clearly not an earthworm. Worms are fun. I used to dig them out of the compost pile before we went fishing on the weekends. It's a McDonald thing.

Christine said...

My girls love to play with earthworms. Grubs? Not so much. Or maybe it's my screeching to get those icky grubs out of their hands that discourages them. I think your mower problems are signs from a higher power to get a push mower. You're not 60.