Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Wii Love to be Fit


Kristin's big present for me last Christmas was a Nintendo Wii - one of the greatest gifts ever! I've been hooked on games like Super Mario Galaxy, Guitar Hero III (And GH Aerosmith) ever since. I play so much GH that Patty knows just about all the lyrics to Foghat's "Slow Ride" and Poison's "Talk Dirty to Me." Luckily she has no idea what she's singing!

And last weekend I grabbed the last Wii Fit off the shelf at our local Target (there were three very unhappy people in line behind me). This was more for Kristin's benefit than mine. She's wanted one for months - she was never interested in jamming with me on the (fake) guitar and wanted to use the Wii for more than just a paperweight. I really didn't think I would enjoy it, but it's actually very fun. There are a bunch of games that come with the system that are fun for me AND the kids (skiing, snowboarding, boxing, etc.). And a few of the weight training exercises are even a bit challenging. Let's hope wii continue to use it ;-)

Otherwise, at $80, it'll be
the most expensive scale we'll ever own!

On another topic. I had a job interview today for a position with the Dept. of Public Utilities (I hope no one at my current job reads this!). It sounds like it would be a good match for my meager marketing skills - and challenging enough to keep my interest for more that a few years. Cross your fingers!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

First you teach the kids to be obsessed with Ohio State, and now they're singing "Talk Dirty to Me!" Oh lord...

Anonymous said...

I think that is great! I can't wait till you get the Wi 2. What? Jen